Thursday, January 21, 2016

EARLY MORNINGS


Pictured above is my beloved pet, Spooky. I took this photo last year in the early morning before having to go to work. The lighting was perfect because this particular window in the apartment faced the rising sun. Back then, it was a rarity to witness an event like this. I hardly ever woke up before ten and if I did, I would stay tucked under the covers only lit up by the dim light of my computer screen. 

Now, for whatever reason, I have made it a habit to wake up at around eight in the morning. I am up making breakfast by eight thirty and ready for the day a little after ten. And I must say, that I really enjoy it. Never thought "morning person" would be the word to describe myself, but it seems I am headed in that direction. Maybe it comes with age? As much as I really love sleeping and being comforted in the warm embrace of my comforter and sheets, waking up early is truly worth it for following reasons:

[1] 
You don't feel so rushed. You can take your time making a good breakfast, choosing an outfit, and cleaning up any mess made while doing those things. You can actually focus on the day ahead.

[2]
Because you are not so rushed, you become more productive. You can squeeze more in the day than you would if say you got up at ten. You are better able to prioritize your time.

[3]
It really helps with happiness levels. Not even kidding. You get to enjoy the daylight more and each day doesn't seem so wasted and pointless. Even if you don't do anything the whole day, at least you got to have a little more time to enjoy it.

Now obviously, those of you who have nine to five jobs probably already know the perks. But as someone with an odd schedule of working in the afternoons into the night, it's a miracle to become a morning person. So it's great that I finally had that motivation to wake up early on my own.

No comments: